We are seeking a person to join our team!
Are you passionate about the safety of children?
Do you love working as part of a motivated team?
Are you energised by the impact Kidsafe has on the community?
Want the chance to put your expertise to work?
We need you!
- To conduct playground safety inspections and review of plans for playground developments across a range of sectors, in line with the Australian Standards for Playground Equipment and Surfacing.
- Assist clients in understanding and conforming to the Playground Standards.
- Tertiary qualification in landscape architecture/design, horticulture, work health and safety or equivalent;
- Vocational qualifications in playground inspecting e.gAHCPGD505 Conduct Comprehensive Playground Inspection of Park Facilities , or equivalent, and/or
- Early childhood, primary and or secondary education.
- Demonstrated ability to assess play environments against Australian Standards or relevant regulations
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality reports about non-conformance and to clearly document expert recommendations
- High level report writing skills incorporating data inputs
- Good interpersonal skills, including ability to work constructively as part of a team, and to liaise with a range of external clients and stakeholders
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Computer literacy and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence
- Working With Children Check
- Proof of up-to date COVID vaccinations
- Trained and/or experienced in surface testing
- Some experience in project coordination
- Industry knowledge relating to children’s play equipment
- Recent professional development in current theory and practice relating to child injury prevention